All dressed up but no where to go? It's an epidemic, we completely understand. No worries though, we have created a remedy for the Friday night in-between. Find our 5 curated solutions to the perfect Friday night below:
1. We like to call this one the "Double Hitter." To all our ethnic food lovers out there-this one is for you! Pimento is an incredible, authentic Jamaican food restaurant with the chillest vibes and the best food. We highly recommend the chicken curry with a nice beer on the side! After you grab a bite to eat, head on over to the Icehouse right next door to enjoy some live music, drinks, and good company. Viola! Vibes + drinks + food = the perfect evening out.
2. Here's to all our nature-lovers. Enjoy the great outdoors at Lake Calhoun! Bring your beach blanket and the best tunes (we curated a playlist full of all local MN artists for you) & enjoy the MN summer. If you're like us, food is always in order, so set up camp near the Tin Fish and enjoy a lakeside meal as the sun sets! Bonus: they have ice cream sandwiches that are to die for!
3. We found the cutest little speak easy in the North Loop and can't keep the secret to ourselves! Marvel Bar, under the Bachelor Farmer, is a quaint little joint with lots of character. Text your friends & tell them to meet you there for a good time. Plus, the North Loop has tons incredible restaurants and little shops to hit up on the way.
4. Not much of a social butterfly? No worries there, we got you covered! Grab only your closest friend and head on over to the Aster Cafe to enjoy some live music & incredible food. The mood really sets the night for a good time with your favorite person. While you're out, why not head down the street and catch a movie at the St. Anthony Main Theatre! This old-timey theatre gives you a glimpse of Minneapolis back in the day but keeps up on all the latest trends in Hollywood.
5. The Hewing Hotel is the place to be on a Friday night! You'll find every kind of person here all with the same goal to have a good time. We promise, the place is packed! They serve incredible cocktails and we would highly suggest the duck fat fries. YUM! P.S Ask them about their rooftop views! Why not just plan a fun little staycation while you're at it?
Now that we have solved the Friday night crisis, we are on to bigger and better things! Be on the look out for more blog posts to come. Let us know of any of your favorite Minneapolis/St. Paul places to go on a Friday night, we'd love to hear! Stay local, friends.